I’m a professional blogger. I know that the internet is a crazy-big place with millions of people competing for your attention. That’s why you need to create awesome content that your readers will love—and share! If you can’t get people to talk about you on social media, there’s no way they’ll ever buy your product or service. In this post, I’ll show you how easy it is to create great content for social media marketing.
A content calendar is a plan for the content you will create and when. It helps you stay on track and not become overwhelmed by all you have to produce. It’s also helpful to show your boss what you are working on, so your employer will know how much content they will receive from you each week/month. Here’s an example of a content calendar:
Recognize your target audience
It’s important to know who you are writing for, and what kind of person they are. This is especially true when it comes to social media posts—everyone has their own interests, so there’s no one way to approach your audience that will work for everyone.
When you’re creating content for the internet, you have the opportunity of tailoring it to a specific group of people. If you can get inside their heads and figure out what they like and don’t like (and how they feel about different types of things), your content will be more effective than if it were written with only yourself in mind.
Social media channels
Social media channels are everywhere. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Pinterest are some of the most popular examples. There are plenty of additional platforms on which you can share content.
Here’s a quick rundown of what each channel offers:
- Facebook is all about connecting with friends, family, and colleagues, in order to share information and stay up to date on current events. It also features a ‘news feed’ that shows posts from your connections (and can be customized to show only certain types of updates).
- Twitter is an easy way for people to keep up with one another by posting short messages called tweets. Tweets can include photos or videos attached directly to them (or links to outside sources).
- Instagram allows users to create photo collages using filters that give photos different looks or styles; these collages are called stories. Stories disappear after 24 hours (instead of remaining forever, as do posts on other social media sites). This makes it perfect for brands wanting their content to be seen by as many people as possible for an extended period without having those followers miss any key details about the brand itself!
Visuals are the best way of conveying your message. And, visuals will help you tell the story in a way that can be easily understood by others, while shareable on social media. There are many different types of visuals that can be used. Here is a short list:
Use photos throughout your posts, especially when they’re relevant to the content you’re sharing. For example, if it’s a Monday morning and you’re sharing an article about waking up early on Mondays, use an image with bright colors or maybe show a coffee cup!
Video is one of the most popular ways people consume media online these days. Plus, video allows us to gain more information from just one post than ever before. You should include videos in every piece of content that has more than two paragraphs worth saying about it—it’ll make sure people don’t leave!
These are great for sharing complex data quickly and clearly, so readers don’t have trouble understanding all the information at once (and maybe they can even learn something new).
Hire a virtual assistant to help with content creation
Hiring a virtual assistant to help you with content creation makes sense for many businesses. A virtual assistant can be on hand to help with everything from brainstorming ideas to creating the actual content, which means you can focus on other aspects of your business and get more done in less time.
A virtual assistant can assist with:
- Brainstorming ideas for content
- Organizing your schedule and workload so that you have time to actually create the content
- Finding relevant images online (either by searching specific keywords or browsing through stock photo websites)
- Creating the actual posts themselves
Creating content for social media can be fun and rewarding
Creating content is also a great way of engaging your audience, establishing your brand, and growing your business. Here are some tips on how you can create the best possible content for social media:
Create content that is relevant to your audience
Social media users want information that is timely, interesting, and engaging. If you’re trying to sell something, make sure that the item is relevant to the audience you are targeting, as well as to their interests and needs. Someone may come across a post from one of their friends about buying new clothes for the summer holidays. This person may not be interested in reading about how much profit was made this week at the office supply store down the road unless they also need stationery supplies!
We hope that you have a better understanding of how to create content for social media. If you’re still feeling overwhelmed, reach out to us and we can help!