Tech Virtual Assistant
Various small companies and moguls find themselves in the modern world of tech. From booking systems, websites, chat bots, email campaigns, to SEO and different types of Apps: this is where a tech virtual assistant (technical virtual assistant or tech VA) can be handy
What is a Tech Virtual Assistant?
Broadly speaking, a tech virtual assistant, also known as a virtual support tech assistant or tech VA, is an assistant who works remotely from their own home office, handling the technical aspects of the business. A VA tech assistant is a lifeline for business owners and managers, especially those who find tech a tad overwhelming.
What are the benefits of hiring a virtual assistant for your technical needs?
The onboarding of skills possibly lacking in a business is clear thinking. Someone trying to manage the tech, which may not be their forte, while coping with other work, may cause all work to suffer neglect. You need to follow up on leads, sort out issues with the website, manage updates, optimize the SEO, build strong back links, and much more; all of this while attending meetings, delivering products, or running training sessions. A tech VA, aka a technical virtual assistant, is handy: they can save you tons of time and make your business run much more smoothly and efficiently.
What are the main tasks a tech VA can take care of?
- Website Updates − An assistant, or website maintenance virtual assistant, can help with additional web content, such as landing pages, lead magnets, or changing the navigation tool bar. They can assist your marketing team with new content applicable to their campaigns. Such could mean refreshing banner images, updating prices, adding in sale items, or updating plugins if you are using WordPress.
- Email Campaigns – Email is still a popular means of engaging with your target audience. Some 81% of B2B marketing execs like to use email campaigns to disseminate their content marketing via newsletters. These can be newsletters sent out weekly, monthly, or as personalized, selecting people on your database who might find offers applicable. For instance, if you have several stores, but you want to promote items that aren’t selling at your Houston branch, you only send emails to people in the Houston area, not the whole of America.
- Social Media – A virtual assistant can also schedule the social media content according to your marketer’s marketing plan.
- Source Images – Images can make a difference – but these images also need to be in line with your brand identity. Sourcing images, however, is laborious work. Additionally, these images once used, or allocated to a particular content or landing page, will need to have their ALT text adapted to make the main keyword of the page or blog post. Besides that, the images will also need to be optimized: large images can slow down your website, which can negatively influence your SEO score.
- Basic SEO – A good technical VA will have an excellent grasp of SEO. With such relevant skills, they can improve your SEO, index pages, and video files with Google.
Virtual Technical Support is technical support offered by a skilled technical virtual assistant or tech virtual assistant. In other words, virtual support tech is provided from a different location. Moreover, virtual assistant savvies are also solid techies and can specialize in a certain technology. For instance, you can find a WordPress assistant to assist you with your WordPress website.
In many cases, businesses use various technical platforms to reach their business goals. A tech stack is basically a bespoke combination of apps, tools, and other platforms that ensures that your business operates smoothly online.
A web-based tech stack for a small company typically comprises:
- Affiliate programs such as ThriveCart
- Payment Gateways & Processors: Stripe, or PayPal
- Email Service Provider (ESP): ConvertKit, Mailchimp, or Active Campaign
- Website: WordPress, Wix, Squarespace, and/or Shopify
- eCommerce solutions: WooCommerce, or Send Owl, etc.
- Digital Course Delivery: Katra, Kajabi, Clixli, or Teachable
- Funnel Programs: Clickfunnels, Deadline Funnel, or Leadpages.