Delegation is a key management skill – however, delegation can be difficult to achieve. The common reason for this is that it could take longer to explain than to do it oneself. In addition, some people enjoy feeling indispensable. Others, again, simply do not want to share knowledge. Some feel guilty adding to the workload of others. Regardless of the reason, here are a few of the best quotes about delegation. I hope these quotations will inspire you to hone your own skill while giving your team members the opportunity to learn and to grow.
“When you delegate tasks, you create followers. When you delegate authority, you create leaders.” − Craig Groeschel
When you are delegating tasks, this ought to be more than simply removing tasks off your desk. Delegation should not be about some short-term reprieve. Offloading work should aim to promote future business leaders. Leveraging those authority characters in your industry is a very significant feature of the delegation process.
“Delegating work works, provided the one delegating works, too.” – Robert Half
This quote by Half emphasizes that, while you as an entrepreneur need to grow your business, this can be accomplished by spreading the workload to others and delegating tasks. In addition, it is key to remember that you play an essential leadership role in the corporate world. Therefore, it should be you filtering the processes and systems within it and at all times having your management on the front foot by being a role model.
“Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done, because they want to do it.” – Dwight Eisenhower
Right now, if you are handling that delegation system, advancing and uplifting leaders, you will discover that your workforce is there to support growing your business for you. They will support the cause of your business and become inspired by the task. Delegating will not be about merely removing work from your desk, and you should not waste your time reflecting on where it all went, especially if you are highly driven.
“Deciding what not to do is as important as deciding what to do.” – Jessica Jackley
This quote by Jackley is a great one for me. I have learned how to set limits on my delegation, limits on my own management, and edges around my time management. When you bear in mind what you can let go of, the tasks that are going to have a real effect on opening up some space, you will find an effective approach to delegation.
“No person will make a great business who wants to do it all themself or get all the credit.” – Andrew Carnegie
Carnegie’s quote says it all, but not so? You cannot be the sole custodian of your business. There is no room for cowboys. Constructing a business is all about establishing a good team and proceeding forward together. The chief point of delegation is spreading the number of tasks and applying belief in the team. When you do this well, your business will be so much more effective.
Handling your outlook is an important part of management. You must make certain that you are endlessly nourished by understandings and information on excellence, to fuel you through each step of the journey. Flourishing is a business characteristic. You aim to become the corporate leader your company requires.
Here are some more inspirational quotes about delegation:
- “The first rule of management is delegation. Don’t try and do everything yourself because you can’t.” – Anthea Turner, British media personality
- “You can delegate authority, but you cannot delegate responsibility.” – Former U.S. Senator Byron Dorgan.
- “Delegating work works, provided the one delegating works, too.” – Robert Half, HR consulting firm.
- “If you really want to grow as an entrepreneur, you’ve got to learn to delegate.” Richard Branson, British entrepreneur.
- “A star wants to see himself rise to the top. A leader wants to see those around him rise to the top.” – Simon Sinek, author, and consultant.
- “As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others.” – Bill Gates, founder of Microsoft.
- “The inability to delegate is one of the biggest problems I see with managers at all levels.” – Eli Broad, entrepreneur.
- “Focus on what you are good at; delegate all else. Steve Jobs doesn’t direct animated movies or woo Wall Street. He concentrates on what he’s good at.” ― Leander Kahney.
- “If you want someone to be for you, never let him feel he is dependent upon you; rather, in some way, make him feel that you are dependent upon him.” ― George C. Marshall.
- “Don’t be a bottleneck. If a matter is not a decision for the President or you, delegate it. Force responsibility down and out. Find problem areas, add structure and delegate. The pressure is to do the reverse. Resist it.” — Donald Rumsfeld.
- “Don’t tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results.” — General Patton.
- “The best executive is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do what he wants done, and self-restraint to keep from meddling with them while they do it.” — Theodore Roosevelt.