If you’re looking to share your videos, you must first consider where you post them. You can choose from various platforms, all with different demographics and unique features.
In this article, we’ll go over some of the most popular sites for posting videos online, deciding when it’s best to post them so you can get the most out of each one.
Posting your videos on YouTube will help you to reach a larger audience. Because of its large user base and ease of use, YouTube has become the second-largest search engine in the world.
It’s also the second-most popular social media platform for monthly users (behind Facebook). YouTube has many advantages for video creators:
- It’s free to start an account and to create videos (aside from equipment costs)
- The platform allows you to embed other websites into your videos for more information or related content about what’s being talked about in the video.
- YouTube allows you to monetize your channel by adding ads before or during videos, which can help make money from views.
Facebook is the biggest social media platform in the world, with over 2 billion active users monthly. It’s a great place to post videos because it’s easy to find your audience and target them with specific demographics.
Facebook allows you to post videos of any length (from 30 seconds to 1 hour), so you have plenty of options when choosing what you’ll share.
Instagram is a social media platform that allows you to share photos and videos. It’s currently one of the most popular platforms in the world, with over one billion users.
Instagram is owned by Facebook, which means that you can use it to promote your brand on other networks (like Twitter) as well.
Instagram is a great place to share your videos because it’s very visible and can help you reach audiences other than regular Facebook or Twitter posts, which you might not be able to reach as easily.
TikTok is a social video-sharing app that allows its users to create short videos and share them with other TikTok users.
The platform has a variety of features, including the ability for you to upload multiple clips at once, to add photos or music to your posts, to add filters and effects (such as emojis), and more.
TikTok was initially launched in 2016 by Chinese start-up ByteDance (also known as Toutiao). It was then acquired by Bytedance International Holding Ltd., which owns several other popular apps such as Quora-like Zhihu (“Think”), read-it-later app Jinri Toutiao (“Today’s Headlines”), and news aggregator Neihan Duanzi (“Down Game”).
Twitter is the most popular social media platform for users to post their videos on. It has over 300 million active users, with more than half of them accessing the platform daily.
With its 280-character limit, it’s easy to post a short video and get your point across in just a few seconds. This means that you have less time to waste editing your video before posting it on social media.
You also don’t need to worry about adding music or sound effects − these are unnecessary because Twitter has a short format!
For example, I might want to make a funny video about dogs licking their owners’ faces while they sleep.
However, I might not want to waste time editing my clips to comprise one single clip, a process that can be very time-consuming. This site would be perfect for me because all I have to do is to upload several separate clips onto Twitter without any fuss at all!
The advantages mentioned above make tweeting our new favorite way of sharing content online with friends!
Keep in mind where you are going to post!
You should consider where you are posting your videos to have a better chance of people seeing them. If you post on the wrong website, it will be difficult for anyone in your audience to find and watch them.
This goes for both good social media channels and those that are inferior.
Here are some tips for selecting the right channel(s):
- A quick search for “[topic] video” or similar searches can help you find relevant sites that post videos about what you want space for in this industry. For example, if I want advice on improving my personal finances, I might search “how do i improve my personal finances?”
- You should also consider what type of content is popular on those sites (or at least popular enough to still generate traffic). For example, a website may focus mainly on fashion news; however, it has no fashion news section, only general news categories like sports and politics. It would then be difficult for someone looking specifically for fashion information − they may not even realize there isn’t any until not find anything useful after searching through each category.
As you can see, there are many different platforms on which to post videos. You should decide where best to post your videos. Also, you will then have a better opportunity for people to see your videos.
Creating high-quality videos cost-effectively is another issue, but here you could hire a virtual video editor.